301 E. Second Street
Bloomsburg, PA 17815
The Town of Bloomsburg Codes Office serves to guide the citizens by providing certain standards for development throughout the municipality. From planning to construction, we have you covered. We also work to ensure compliance with the Town’s Code of Ordinances, enforcing regulations on such things as rubbish, snow and ice removal, grass and weeds, rental unit inspections and other items that help maintain a high quality of life for our citizens.
Please scroll down to the sections below to find documents for download as well as the Town’s Zoning map.
CODE OF ORDINACES
The Town of Bloomsburg’s ordinances are codified and organized in our Code of Ordinances. You can access and browse the entire collection online by clicking here https://ecode360.com/BL2204.
While the Code of Ordinances is periodically updated, some new or recently enacted ordinances are not yet included in the document collection.
The Zoning Ordinance divides land within the Town of Bloomsburg into districts, and each district has individual regulations for a number of items including but not limited to the following:
- Types of Principle and Accessory Uses Permitted
- Special Exceptions
- Building Regulations for Zoning Setbacks (Clearances)
- Maximum Building Coverage, (% of your lot allowed to be covered)
- Minimum Lot Size (Amount of land required to build on)
- Maximum Building/Structure Height
A person who receives a denial from the Zoning Officer for a zoning permit may appeal that decision to the Zoning Hearing Board for a fee of $550. The Zoning Hearing Board has the authority and exclusive jurisdiction to render final decisions in the following matters:
- Applications for Variances from Terms of the Zoning Ordinance
- Applications for Special Exceptions under the Zoning Ordinance
- Appeals of the Zoning Officer’s Determination
- Appeals of a Determination by the Municipal Engineer or the Zoning Officer with Reference to the Administration of any Floodplain Ordinance or Such Provisions within a Land Use Ordinance
- Appeals from the Determination of the Zoning Officer or Municipal Engineer in the Administration of any Land Use Ordinance or Provision Thereof with reference to Sedimentation, Erosion Control and Storm Water Management insofar as the Same Relate to Development Not Involving Applications Under the Municipality’s Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance
Director of Code Enforcement
Ken Roberts– (570) 784-7123, ext. 116
Code Enforcement Officer III
Ralph Magill – (570) 784-7123, ext. 124
Code Enforcement Officer II
Kyle Bauman – (570) 784-7123, ext. 122
FAX: (570) 784-1518
Boards & Commissions
- Code of Ordinances
- Flood Plain Regulations
- Historical District Ordinance (PDF)
- Licenses, Permits and General Business Regulations
- Rental Unit Occupancy Regulations
- Zoning Map (PDF) – This map is for general viewing purposes only and is not a substitute for the official Zoning Map of the Town of Bloomsburg.
- Historic District Map (PDF)
Please click here to see a forms and documents.
- Licensing of Student Housing (PDF)
- Student Housing – Questions & Answers (PDF)
- Minimum Inspection Requirements (PDF)